[llvm-dev] LLVMHello doesn't work - Loadable modules

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 15 07:09:25 PDT 2017

Loadable modules are not supported on Windows. The windows platform
requires that each dynamically imported symbol also declare the dll it
is imported from. In the source, this would be done by annotation
every symbol as  __declspec(dllimport)/__declspec(dllimport) (or write
a.DEF file). This has not been done in LLVM's source.

I am not sure about the future of loadable modules. The new pass
manager doesn't support that mechanism (yet?).

Michael