[llvm-dev] Testing selection dag combines

Jon Chesterfield via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 11 03:48:59 PDT 2017

Hi,

I've written a few target specific dag combine functions, called from
performDAGCombine. The mechanism is great but my testing quite labour
intensive - I search for IR which hits the new function then check the MIR
downstream.

I would like to write tests along the lines of "given this dag, call this
function on that node, then check the result is equivalent to this other
dag". Could you point me at the appropriate API for creating a dag from
scratch, and for performing an equivalence test?

Thanks,

Jon