[llvm-dev] Email list just for front end developers?

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 11 03:14:11 PDT 2017

FWIW, I think the "modern" way of doing any of this is with any one of the following services (that don't need to be owned/maintained by the LLVM Foundation):

  - Stack Overflow (maybe if it gets large enough, get a "vertical" for just LLVM usage)
  - Reddit (if there isn't an /r/llvm yet, that might be a good "community" place for less llvm-dev worthy material)
  - Slack (if there isn't one yet, maybe an llvm-users slack instance for more persistent discussions)

I suspect none of this has to get the blessing of the llvm-dev@ members nor the foundation, and if there indeed are a lot of people that might benefit from these resources, then you would have started that community for the users.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

-- Dean