[llvm-dev] [OpenCL][AMDGPU] Using AMDGPU generated kernel code for OpenCL

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 10 05:45:54 PDT 2017

> Thank you for those two links.
> So if I understand that correctly, this means that the ISA generated by the
> AMDGPU backend is only a part of the expected elf-linked binary file, and
> would have to be correctly wrapped/packed up in order for OpenCL to accept
> it?

I cannot tell you anything more than the two links already say.

I remember an article where somebody reverse-engineered the format and
found an elf inside and elf file, which they called "elfception".
Unfortunately I cannot find the article anymore.

If possible, I suggest to go using SPIR or SPIR-V instead. The
proprietary format might change in any version of the driver. There is
currently a discussion about including SPIR-V into LLVM.

Michael