[llvm-dev] Handling invariant.groups with equality + marking it as experimental

Sanjoy Das via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 8 11:51:35 PDT 2017

Hi Piotr,

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Piotr Padlewski
<piotr.padlewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, Sanjoy proposed to mark invariant.group features as experimental, so
> we will not be afraid to break behavior of frontends that already use it.
>
> Right now I am pretty sure that clang is the only one that curently uses it
> (and not by default).

Firstly, yes, I think we should definitely make the barrier stuff
experimental.  I don't think it has been ironed out enough for
generally use.

Secondly, at this point I'm wondering if the barrier/invariant.group
is the right abstraction at all.  Are there other designs you
considered early on that we can revisit in the light of these issues?

-- Sanjoy