[llvm-dev] Get size of unwind information

Joshua Cranmer 🐧 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 8 10:49:55 PDT 2017

On 5/8/17 11:42 AM, Ilya Skapenko via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it possible to retrieve size of unwind information from an object
> file for a particular function?
> object::computeSymbolSizes computes sizes without unwind info

Unwind information (on ELF at least, don't know about Mach-O or COFF) is
stored in a separate section and in a format that isn't strictly
compatible with functions (FDEs in .eh_frame are built on PC ranges). As
far as I'm aware, there's no LLVM code to parse the .eh_frame section,
so you'd have to do it yourself.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer