[llvm-dev] [FFI] [OrcJIT] Status update on C FFI for OrcJIT?

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 7 15:16:37 PDT 2017

Hi Siddharth,

Is OrcJIT now considered stable enough that there can be "official" exposed
> C APIs?

There are C APIs for Orc, but there is no guarantee that they are stable.
In fact I expect them to change in the short to medium term due to upcoming
changes in the C++ APIs. In the long term I expect they will settle down
the same way ExecutionEngine's API did, but we're not there yet.

what's the standard approach if I want to use Orc from a language that only
> supports C for an FFI? (Rust and Haskell are languages that I am interested
> in)

The ORC C APIs are still your best option, just be aware that there may be
some churn.

Cheers,
Lang.