[llvm-dev] Email list just for front end developers?

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 6 09:55:51 PDT 2017

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Perry E. Metzger <perry at piermont.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 7 May 2017 00:01:34 +0800 C Bergström
> <cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
> > > Having a place dedicated to mutual aid among front end developers
> > > (and of course assistance from anyone else who is willing to
> > > answer questions) would be nice.
> > >

> > I referred you to that list in speaking from experience. cfe-dev
> > may have started life as a c-centric list, but that's where the
> > experts are and where I'd recommend you to direct your questions.
>
> I am a subscriber to that list and am familiar with it. Almost all
> the traffic is Clang specific.
>
> > (If you don't believe me look at the list archive and you'll see
> > similar questions from time to time)
>
> Yes, from time to time, just as from time to time people ask
> questions here. It is somewhat difficult getting attention for
> such questions amidst the other traffic. It would be nice to have a
> list dedicated to the purpose. You need not subscribe if such a list
> does not serve your needs. It would, however, likely serve _my_
> needs, and I suspect it would serve other people's needs as well.

You don't seem to be listening, but one last try.

If you have a FE related question - Ask on cfe-dev and if you don't get a
response I'd be surprised. Additionally, if you don't get a response from
there maybe then follow-up with your idea of another list. What you're
describing would be extremely low traffic and I personally doubt you'd get
as much expertise interested in order to keep it viable.