[llvm-dev] Email list just for front end developers?

Perry E. Metzger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 6 09:29:59 PDT 2017

On Sun, 7 May 2017 00:01:34 +0800 C Bergström
<cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
> > Having a place dedicated to mutual aid among front end developers
> > (and of course assistance from anyone else who is willing to
> > answer questions) would be nice.
> >

> I referred you to that list in speaking from experience. cfe-dev
> may have started life as a c-centric list, but that's where the
> experts are and where I'd recommend you to direct your questions.

I am a subscriber to that list and am familiar with it. Almost all
the traffic is Clang specific.

> (If you don't believe me look at the list archive and you'll see
> similar questions from time to time)

Yes, from time to time, just as from time to time people ask
questions here. It is somewhat difficult getting attention for
such questions amidst the other traffic. It would be nice to have a
list dedicated to the purpose. You need not subscribe if such a list
does not serve your needs. It would, however, likely serve _my_
needs, and I suspect it would serve other people's needs as well.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com