[llvm-dev] Computing unique ID of IR instructions that can be mapped back

Daniel Berlin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 5 09:20:39 PDT 2017

When you say the ID must survive across runs, you mean that instructions
that look the same must have the same ID?
Or that the instructions from the first run must have the same ID?

Because doing a unique positive ID is easy.
Things are always constructed in the order they appear in the file.
So using a single counter, walking every function in the module, and then
every instruction in the function, and giving each an ID, should be unique,
positive, and consistent across runs for the same file.