[llvm-dev] I want to update WritingAnLLVMBackend document

陳韋任 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 3 05:36:33 PDT 2017

>:

> Hi LLVM developers,
>
> As one of the maintainers of AVR target, I want to update
> WritingAnLLVMBackend document to be familiar with the development of
> backend, because:
>
> 1. The structure of LLVMTargetMachine https://github.com/llvm-mirror
> /llvm/blob/master/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.rst#target-machine has been
> changed a lot!
>
> 2. LLVMInitializeSparcTargetInfo https://github.com/llvm-mirror
> /llvm/blob/master/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.rst#target-registration not
> mentioned the directory structure: TargetInfo/SparcTargetInfo.cpp
>
> 3. There is the Sparc target example in the document, but we could add AVR
> target as another example
>
> Please give me some advice, thanks a lot!

​Although contribution always welcome, personally I prefer making the
document as consistent as possible.
I don't know if it's a good idea interleaving different backend
implementation
​s​
in
​one​
 document.

​Anyway, I think you can write a RFC (request for comment)​
​
​ mail, describing what/where you feel unsatisfied
about current document, giving a draft to show us how you would improve the
document. I think that will make
the discussion more concrete.

HTH,
chenwj