[llvm-dev] [GlobalISel][AArch64] Toward flipping the switch for O0: Please give it a try!

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 30 01:54:10 PDT 2017

On 30 March 2017 at 00:27, Quentin Colombet <qcolombet at apple.com> wrote:
> On iOS we are at 100% pass rate in 00 g for the LLVM test suite, standard
> benchmarks and unit tests. In about 5% of all functions GlobalIsel falls
> back to SDIsel.
> (Kristof Beyls would have the linux numbers.)
> The self host compiler correctly builds and runs the LLVM test suite in O0.

Having done no tests at all on my side, I think we need to have
similar numbers on Linux to be able to flip across the board.

I don't want to flip it only for Darwin and not Linux, as that will
fragment the effort too much.

I'll check with Diana and Kristof to know what's the best way forward,
but it should be reasonably quick.

cheers,
--renato