[llvm-dev] Building the CRT

Zhao, Weiming via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 22 10:13:33 PDT 2017

For ARM/AArch64, are you trying to do cross compiling?

If so, you need GCC tools for ARM/AArch64 in your PATH so CMake can
linking a simple testing code. If not in the PATH, you might need
--sysroot/ ---gcc-toolchain in CFLAGS.

Below is my CMake command for arm:

GCCTC= path_to_gcc

TRIPLE=arm-linux-gnueabi
SRC_DIR=<llvm_source_root>
INSTALL_DIR=<llvm_install_dir>

cmake  -G Ninja -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$INSTALL_DIR/lib/clang/5.0.0
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=$INSTALL_DIR/bin/clang
-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=$INSTALL_DIR/bin/clang++
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$INSTALL_DIR -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=" -target ${TRIPLE}   "
-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=" -target ${TRIPLE}  " -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=Linux
-DCOMPILER_RT_DEFAULT_TARGET_ARCH=arm
-DCOMPILER_RT_TEST_COMPILER_CFLAGS=" -target ${TRIPLE}  "
-DCOMPILER_RT_TEST_COMPILER=${INSTALL_DIR}/bin/clang
$SRC_DIR/llvm/projects/compiler-rt

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation