[llvm-dev] Alias analysis documentation not in sync with source code

Zvonimir Rakamaric via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 20 14:23:40 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Recently, I've tried to update our project (SMACK verifier) from LLVM 3.7.1
to 3.8.1, and I run into problems updating our alias analysis class. In
particular, it seems that alias analysis APIs and architecture changed a
fair bit, and it also seems that the corresponding documentation was not
updated:
http://llvm.org/docs/AliasAnalysis.html

As an example, the mentioned function InitializeAliasAnalysis does not even
exist in more recent LLVM sources (or at least I cannot find it).

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help out by briefly describing
the new architecture of the alias analysis passes and how to properly set
it up.

Thanks,
-- Zvonimir

--