[llvm-dev] Please dogfood LLD

Michael Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 20 06:41:41 PDT 2017

Hi Rafael,
> Michael Johnson via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:
>
>> Hi Rui,
>>
>> Are there any plans to support the -defsym command line option?
> It doesn't look that hard, it was just never requested. What project is
> using it?
Not sure I understand what the project set is. It's not an uncommon
feature for a linker in the embedded world.

It's the first problem I discovered when trying to use lld rather than
ld e.g.

-defsym=__vfprintf=__vfprintf_float_long_long

to select a particular implementation of printf.

The second problem was failing to parse the .ld script - I can provide
it if required.

Regards
Michael