[llvm-dev] [Proposal][DWARF] add getAddressForLineInfo to DwarfContext

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 15 08:14:00 PDT 2017

Generally things are implemented as needed - getLineInfoForAddress is (I
think) used for things like symbolication/stack traces.

I haven't looked at the APIs there in detail - but there's probably some
representation of the line table that could be navigated to find
information like what you need. If it turns out you need more API surface
than is there already, please provide a patch - though it's also
important/useful to provide an in-tree use case (though we do now have unit
testing functionality for these APIs - it's helpful to have an in-tree
justification for the code to exist, as much as possible). So if there's a
useful extension to an existing tool (llvm-symbolizer, llvm-dwarfdump) that
could demonstrate the new API, that may be helpful.