[llvm-dev] (no subject)

Adve, Vikram Sadanand via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 8 15:53:48 PST 2017

On Mar 8, 2017, at 4:51 PM, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com<mailto:mehdi.amini at apple.com>> wrote:
<snip>
We will continue working anyway but it might not make sense to put it
on reviews and announce it on the ML if nobody cares.

I expect this to takes many months, unless it is on the critical path of some core devs, because it seems to me to be a huge feature to consider and quite a time sink (which is why even people that care haven’t been able to invest enough time into this).

There are enough commercial and open-source projects working actively on this that I think the issue is reaching critical mass.

Absolutely!

To be clear, I was not trying to downplay the importance of this work or the interest in it (I find it pretty interesting indeed!), I was just trying to provide one possible answer to what I perceived to be Johannes’ frustration with “my patches aren’t reviewed / discussed extensively” ;)

Right, I got that!  Thanks,

—Vikram

Best,

—