[llvm-dev] Announce - chocolatey packages available for LLVM on Windows

Peter Mounce via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 6 06:02:50 PST 2017

Hi there

Myself and a colleague, David Bimmler, have created chocolatey packages for
LLVM versions 3.8.0-3.9.1 inclusive. We did this because we wanted to make
it easier to install onto our build infrastructure.

You can see the packages via https://chocolatey.org/packages/clang and the
source code for the packages at https://github.com/bimmlerd/clang-choco.

Chocolatey's moderation process involves a human in the loop, and so can
take a few days. While the packages are pending review, you can install
them by qualifying the version, like `choco install clang --version 3.9.1`,
instead of just `choco install clang`.

Information about chocolatey - https://chocolatey.org/about
How to install chocolatey - https://chocolatey.org/install

Hopefully this is a welcome contribution. We'd be happy for it to be pulled
into core if you'd like. AFAIK the package would need a Windows machine
with powershell to be built on within your release automation. We'd also
need to extend the automation in our repo to support publishing RCs (I
notice 4.0.0-rc3 has just dropped).

Best regards
Pete