[llvm-dev] Using binary versions of release candidates...

Perry E. Metzger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 1 06:18:58 PST 2017

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 20:33:00 -0800 Mehdi Amini
<mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:
> It depends how you plan to use it. You can just leave it in your
> home directory and prepend the path to bin/ to you PATH. Or you can
> instruct your build system to use this path (-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER /
> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER for instance).

Hrm. I might do that. How will it know not to accidentally mix up
system tools and libraries with the ones in some part of my home dir?
Does some environment variable besides PATH need to be set? Is there
any documentation on this? I did a quick look around and couldn't find
any, which is why I asked on the list.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com