[llvm-dev] The undef story

Peter Lawrence via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 28 19:13:56 PDT 2017

Tim,
       Can you make a case for why this isn’t the right thing to do ?

I think this is a no-brainer because this is the situation we would be
in if folks hadn’t gone off the deep end with “poison” which hasn’t
actually solved any problems (other than the mis-adventure with
“+nsw” which never actually needed “poison” in the first place).

And AFAICT this is the situation that gcc is in, it gets along just fine
without “poison”.

If you think there is a problem that this approach doesn’t solve then
you need to demonstrate it.

Peter.