[llvm-dev] Question about ISD::SUBCARRY

Friedman, Eli via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 28 10:50:23 PDT 2017

I would tend to lean towards making SUBCARRY return the same value on
all targets, assuming it doesn't complicate the target-specific code
much.  We want to make the target-independent code more straightforward
if we can, and it probably makes the code easier to understand if
SUBCARRY and USUBO are consistent.

If it somehow ends up being too tricky to lower SUBCARRY on ARM, it
probably makes more sense to add new opcodes, rather than make the
semantics of the existing opcodes depend on a target flag. (The end
result is essentially equivalent, but it's harder to accidentally
mistake which kind of node you're dealing with.)

-Eli