[llvm-dev] About the concept of "materialization"

Pei Wang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 26 14:07:38 PDT 2017

I’m current debugging one of my LLVM passes which utilized inline assembly. I constantly encounter crashes related to “value materialization”, according to the error messages I received. It seems a big concept in LLVM (or maybe generally in compilation), but I cannot find any document that is comprehensive enough to help me understand what exactly materialization is for. Could someone offer some pointers to useful materials introducing this concept or just explain it to me if it is straightforward enough?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Pei Wang