[llvm-dev] Next steps for optimization remarks?

Brian Gesiak via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 27 11:48:01 PDT 2017

Adam, thanks for all the suggestions!

One nice aspect of the `-Rpass` family of options is that I can filter
based on what I want. If I only want to see which inlines I missed, I could
use `clang -Rpass-missed="inline"`, for example. On the other hand,
optimization remark YAML always include remarks from all passes (as far as
I can tell), which increases the amount of time it takes opt-viewer.py and
other tools to parse. Would you be open to including options to, for
example, only emit optimization remarks related to loop vectorization, or
to not emit any analysis remarks? Or is it important that the YAML always
include all remarks?

Let me know what you think! In the meantime, I'll try to add the progress
bar you mention in llvm.org/PR33522. Thanks!

- Brian Gesiak