[llvm-dev] the root cause is copy propagation of undef

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 26 18:42:47 PDT 2017

Peter, several people reached out to me because this discussion is no
longer really proceeding in a way that is reasonable on LLVM's lists.

John asked you to tone down your approach in these discussions. You haven't
done so and have reiterated your strong tone. Please don't continue to
reiterate your position on the list.

If you want to have a meta-discussion about how to approach this discussion
reasonably going forward, feel free to reach out to me privately, and I'll
be happy to talk to you, but I don't think an email list as large as
'llvm-dev' is the right forum.

Also, please refrain from editing subject (or truncating it, etc) as that
forks the thread in some email clients and makes it very hard to follow
discussions and also very hard for those *not* participating to skip the
thread and participate in other threads.

Thanks,
-Chandler