[llvm-dev] Definitive list of optimisations at each optimisation level

Sean Silva via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 24 17:44:50 PDT 2017

Looking at PassManagerBuilder can be useful because there are sometimes
comments giving some idea of the intent of the particular choice of passes,
but it can be difficult to see the big picture of all the passes that are
run because it is very parameterized and split across multiple subroutines.

Running clang at O0 through O3 with -mllvm -debug-pass=Structure is
generally more enlightening because then you see everything in one place
for each optimization level.

-- Sean Silva