[llvm-dev] RFC: Cleaning up the Itanium demangler

Pavel Labath via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 22 05:51:18 PDT 2017

I don't have any concrete feedback, but:

- +1 for removing the "FastDemagler"

- If you already construct an AST as a part of your demangling
process, would it be possible to export that AST for external
consumption somehow? Right now in lldb we sometimes need to parse the
demangled name (to get the "basename" of a function for example), and
the code for doing that is quite ugly. It would be much nicer if we
could just query the parsed representation of the name somehow, and
the AST would enable us to do that.