[llvm-dev] JIT, LTO and @llvm.global_ctors: Looking for advise

Peter Collingbourne via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 20 10:51:53 PDT 2017

Hi Benoit,

It seems to me that LinkOnlyNeeded failing to link the llvm.* special
variables is a bug. I think we should probably just change the behaviour of
LinkOnlyNeeded so that it links them.

Note that ThinLTO does not use the Linker class, it uses IRMover directly.
That might not be appropriate for your use case, though, because IRMover
does not follow references when linking (for example, if your module
defines two functions f and g, where f calls g, it will not link g if you
only ask for f).

Peter

Peter