[llvm-dev] VC C++ demangler

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 20 08:11:11 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:49 PM Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> We have clang/lib/AST/MicrosoftMangle.cpp, so looks like what I should do
> is to write code that do the reverse of it. One thing I should be careful
> is to produce the exact same outputs as Microsoft's UnDecorateSymbolName
> function would output so that the behavior doesn't change between Windows
> and non-Windows platforms, but it probably shouldn't be hard.

Just to be clear - once LLVM has its own demangler, it should probably use
it on all platforms, so there'd be no worry about different behavior
between LLVM on Windows and LLVM elsewhere.

But that said, it's probably still important/worthwhile to make sure it's
consistent with the platform demangler.