[llvm-dev] RFC: Dynamic dominators

Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 13 11:44:05 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 5:12 PM, Jakub (Kuba) Kuderski via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> 4. Performance
>
> The real life performance of full dynamic DBS-based DomTree recalculation is
> between 20% and 2% better on a machine with two Xeon E5-2680v2 CPUs than the
> existing SLT algorithm, which is consistent with the findings from this
> thesis [3]. The advantage is not that visible on debug builds, where the
> DBS-algorithm can be up to 8% slower. It is most like possible to speed up
> debug builds, but I haven’t looked into that yet.

Do you mean the algorithm is slower in debug builds of LLVM, or when
LLVM is used to do debug builds of things?

It sounds like you say the algorithm can be 8% slower for debug
builds, but also likely to speed up debug builds? I'm confused :-)