[llvm-dev] Enabling EarlyCSE w/ MemorySSA by default

Geoff Berry via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 10 08:21:22 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I'd like to switch the function simplification run of EarlyCSE to use
MemorySSA by default.  This change has been in tree for a while and I've
done benchmark and self-hosting testing on both aarch64 and x86, but I
wanted to give other folks with different tests/targets a chance to try
this out before I flip the switch. I've added an option
'-enable-earlycse-memssa' (or '-enable-npm-gvn-hoist' if you're using
the new pass manager) that you can be used to test this change out.

Thanks,

--
Geoff Berry
Employee of Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc.