[llvm-dev] Question

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 5 13:39:15 PDT 2017

On 5 June 2017 at 11:54, Iulia Stirb <iulia_s24 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can you also please tell me how can I find out the ABI (application binary
> interface)?

Could you send your messages with a smaller font, or better still in
plain text? It's very distracting and quite difficult to read
(particularly your message about the errors MSVC was giving).

Anyway, your ABI will be determined by which OS you're compiling for
in almost all cases. And if you're building Clang on the same platform
you're running the binaries on that should be correctly detected when
you run CMake.

Otherwise you'll have to set the LLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE CMake
variable. Typical values are "x86_64-linux-gnu",
"x86_64-apple-macosx10.12" or "x86_64-windows-msvc". That will also
set the corresponding ABI.

Cheers.

Tim.