[llvm-dev] X86 Backend SelectionDAG - Source Scheduling

Dilan Manatunga via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 31 14:51:08 PDT 2017

Hi,

I was looking into how SelectionDAG scheduling is done in LLVM for
different backends, and I noticed that for the X86 backend, even though it
sets scheduling preferences of ILP or RegisterPressure depending on
architecture, in the end, it ends up using source scheduling. I realized
this is because it overrides enableMachineScheduler to return true. Is
there any specific reasons why it was done this way, and also, what happens
to be class mainly responsible for the X86 scheduling then?

Thanks,
-Dilan