[llvm-dev] LazyValueInfo vs ScalarEvolution

John Regehr via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 24 14:59:21 PDT 2017

On 07/24/2017 03:43 PM, Hongbin Zheng wrote:
>     Also, the last time I looked, there seemed to be a fair amount of
>     room for improvement in LVI and ConstantRange.
>
> Could you point some out?

Check out the TODO items in binaryAnd and BinaryOr in ConstantRange.cpp.

There are some missing cases in the switch in ConstantRange::binaryOp,
such as xor and ashr.

Argh this is embarrassing, I have some unfinished work sitting in
Phabricator that could use a helper if you have time to take a look:

https://reviews.llvm.org/D19859
https://reviews.llvm.org/D20669
https://reviews.llvm.org/D19867
https://reviews.llvm.org/D19559