[llvm-dev] Is there any pass existing in llvm which does machine copy propogation ?

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 24 06:01:06 PDT 2017

At the moment X86 does not have a register unit for the upper part of
EAX (not covered by AX), which makes AX and EAX have the same set of
register units. This leads to incorrect results with RDF because writing
to AX preserves the upper part of EAX, and this currently cannot be
represented. This is somewhat of a known limitation.

Adding cc:Quentin: maybe he'll say what he thinks about adding that unit.

-Krzysztof

On 7/24/2017 12:32 AM, Rai, Deepali via llvm-dev wrote:
> Thanks Krzysztof for the quick response.
> I looking for x86 target.
>
> Thanks,
> -Deepali

hosted by The Linux Foundation