[llvm-dev] [compiler_rt] buildgo.sh warnings

don hinton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 17 14:32:58 PDT 2017

I see a bunch of warnings when building compiler_rt on OSX, e.g.,

[4574/6448] Building CXX object
projects/compiler-rt/lib/tsan/CMakeFiles/RTTsan_dynamic.ios.dir/rtl/tsan_ignoreset.cc.o
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-msse3'
[-Wunused-command-line-argument]

The problem is that "-msse3" is always added if $DEBUG is undefined/empty.
However, I don't see where/how DEBUG is getting set -- even though I'm
running a debug build of llvm + compiler_rt -- so this branch is always
taken.