[llvm-dev] questions about backport to 3.8/3.9/4.0

陳韋任 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 14 14:27:59 PDT 2017

I have no experience on backporting. However, the patches you want
only involves BPF backend itself,
I don't see any particular trouble of backporting. I would suggest you
start working on the latest LLVM
release, i.e., 4.0, then run the testsuite to make sure there is no regression.

HTH,
chenwj

> Hi,
>
> I want to backport the following three patches (currently in trunk 5.0)
> to 3.8/3.9/4.0:
>
> https://reviews.llvm.org/rL305560
> https://reviews.llvm.org/rL305608
> https://reviews.llvm.org/rL306685
>
> Some BPF users want them since their product needs to work on
> old linux distribution which has older versions of LLVM.
>
> Could somebody (maybe Tom Stellard or others) help clarify whether it
> is possible and what is the procedure/timeline for backporting?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Yonghong

Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Homepage: https://people.cs.nctu.edu.tw/~chenwj