[llvm-dev] ThinLTO and the C API

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 12 14:29:23 PDT 2017

Our ThinLTO testing was inoperative for a while, and now that it's running
again, we're seeing the linker step reporting "Expected a single module."
Note that our linker is using the C API to read bitcode.

It looks like the ThinLTO writer now emits two modules, but AFAICT most of
the APIs in BitcodeReader.cpp expect to see only one.  Is this just an
oversight in supporting ThinLTO from the C API?

I am a little bemused because I had thought Apple's "ld64" also used the
C API and supported ThinLTO.

Any help/guidance/tips welcome (other than "switch to the C++ API").
Thanks,
--paulr