[llvm-dev] Using new types v32f32, v32f64 in llvm backend not possible

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 11 23:08:56 PDT 2017

I don't know of any direct way to do it. The register allocator just sees
the register class that is defined for each operand as part of the
instruction. I think you'd have to create different instructions with
different classes. You can give them the same encoding if you mark one set
as CodeGenOnly.

I'm not even sure there's any guarantee that it would always allocate in a
specific order once you break the v2048i32 apart.

~Craig