[llvm-dev] Invalid link on Github

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jul 8 03:55:02 PDT 2017

We tried to serve both git and gitweb from the same URL, however, it
seems that Dulwich has a lot of problems under the load /
compatibility issues. This caused massive problems with git during the
first day after migration and therefore we decided to roll back to
"old" scheme, using "stock" git for server.

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 5:07 AM, Will Dietz via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hmm.  Since the git URL's changed recently I was inclined to believe
> this was a simple oversight that needed to be updated.
>
> However, AFAICT the listed URL's are more or less equivalent to the
> new ones ("https://git.llvm.org/git/llvm.git") other than printing a
> warning about being redirected to the new format.
>
> Neither URL is suited for browsing via http/https, but both work if
> used as a git URL.
>
> While updating to the canonical URL's is a good idea regardless, it
> doesn't seem it would help the described issue/experience.
>
> Is there something that can be done to fix this?
>
> ~Will
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:19 AM, James Y Knight via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> BTW, confusingly, there _is_ actually a git repository living at that URL --
>> it's just that the directory doesn't have an index.html, and there's no
>> gitweb instance, either.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 6:35 AM, Mahdi Mohammadi via llvm-dev
>> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The link
>>> on the Github pa
>>> ge (https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm)
>>> to LLVM git
>>> redirects to 404 page. Can someone please fix it?
>>>
>>> https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Mahdi

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University