[llvm-dev] Lowering Select to Two Predicated Movs

Dilan Manatunga via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 7 12:10:43 PDT 2017

My bad for not looking further. I'm still somewhat confused though. MOVCCr
gets expanded in the ARMExpandPseudoInsts pass, and it still seems only a
case of one instruction replacing the other.

My worry of emitting two instructions, is that a dead code pass will
eliminate the first instruction cause it thinks the second instruction is
defining the same register.

-Dilan