[llvm-dev] Caller callee calling convention enforcement in C++ bin. code

Paul Muntean via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 5 09:22:58 PDT 2017

Hi guys,

maybe you can help with an issue which I have.

I want to recuperate for a C++ program compiled with Clang/LLVM on an
Ubuntu CPU x86_64 bit architecture all the addresses of the call
instructions (C++ object dispatches) or directly the return address
which are just the next address after a call instruction.

I think that this information is not obtainable during link time since
we have at that moment only IR code. Please corect me if I am wrong.
So my assumption is that in the compiler back end after the IR code is
lowered to machine code and the addresses for the call instructions
and the addresses next to the call instructions are available.

Has anybody a suggestion where are the possible places in the compiler
where I should look for?

Since I am new to this topic suggestions or solutions are highly welcome.

-Paul