[llvm-dev] Avoid generating COPY instructions with TwoAddressInstructionPass for a region of MachineInstr

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 4 07:11:13 PDT 2017

   Hello.
     Is there a way to avoid generating register-COPY instructions with
TwoAddressInstructionPass (the one that does "REWRITING TWO-ADDR INSTRS") for a region of
my MachineBasicBlock? (It seems that the RegisterCoalescer is not removing every possible
COPY?)
     If I use bundles or I predicate the instructions in the respective region (they are
actually predicated instructions) would it help?

   Thank you,
     Alex