[llvm-dev] opt passes

Anastasiya Ruzhanskaya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 4 02:25:37 PDT 2017

Hello,
 I am developing now a compiler, based on llvm infrastructure, so I am
building my own sequence of llvm passes with some adjustable options.

I can't find really clear info about some cases, so maybe you can help, and
write:

0) Why I should always delete attributes before applying optimizations with
opt command? With attributes specified no optimization can be applied.

Where I can get real benefit from:
1) Constant Hoisting
-only when we have some large reusable constants in program?
2) argpomotion
- this option does not always replace all my args by reerence with values,
when I specify it.