[llvm-dev] type traits bug in clang 4.0.0?

Christoph Höger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 3 01:42:55 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I found this strange behavior, when inspecting some legacy build that did
not compile after an upgrade of several libraries and clang:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44846377/what-is-the-reason-behind-instable-type-traits

I got no conclusive answer, but a comment that indicates that this might
indeed be a bug in clang. Since I am neither a C++ expert nor familiar with
clang, I would very much appreciate if some expert could:

1. verify that this is indeed a bug
2. help me to formulate this as a constructive report (i.e. what is
actually going wrong here w.r.t. the C++ standard) and/or further reduce
the test case

thanks a lot,

Christoph