[llvm-dev] Spare Register at one Machine Instruction

Nemanja Ivanovic via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 21 02:17:43 PST 2017

I'm not sure exactly what you're after.
I was under the impression that you want to know which register is live at
a specific point (an instruction). If that's the case, how do one of the
two suggested solutions not suffice?
If a register is live-in to a block and not killed before your instruction
or it has a def and no kill within the block, it is live. Otherwise it is
dead and available. Isn't it?
Or are you interested in whether a physical register is unused in the
entire function?