[llvm-dev] Git Transition status?

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 17 15:01:55 PST 2017

- As Medhi says, according to surveys and discussions in forums like the LLVM Dev Meeting BoF, most people who care are in favor of mono-repo.

From the online surveys, I think the split was roughly 50:50.

I don’t know on what data you’re basis this on. I looked very closely and here are two questions that contradicts your view.

Question: “If we could go back in time and restart the project with today's technologies, which repository scheme would be best for the LLVM project?”
-> 55 to 36 in favor of the mono-repo

So, more like 60:40.  Clearly "more" people are in favor, but I'm not so sure it qualifies as "most."
--paulr