[llvm-dev] RFC: Building GlobalISel by default

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 15 09:17:47 PST 2017

On 15 January 2017 at 17:08, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that your issue is your bots are “slow”, and clang/LLVM is a large project, and running the tests takes time.

Hi Mehdi,

I'd appreciate if you stopped downplaying other people's concerns,
misrepresenting arguments you don't fully understand.

> I personally don’t understand how anything you’re saying is specific to GlobalISel though, it may deserve a separate thread, and we should focus on the real issue at stand, the *only* relevant question I see in this thread:  "if my (non-GlobalISel) change breaks GlobalISel, how likely is it to be a bug in my code vs. a bug in GlobalISel?”.

I'd also appreciate if you stopped moving every thread to your own
personal concerns, as if everything that doesn't concern you shouldn't
concern anyone.

cheers,
--renato