[llvm-dev] Compiling libraries for musl-based system

Carsten Mattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 8 02:23:46 PST 2017

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Dmitry Golovin via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Resulting libc++ is compiled as shared library with glibc dependency,
> so it can't be linked with musl binaries.

A two-stage process is needed here, unless your glibc host system
has archives to link libc++ statically, but as it presumably depends
on libstdc++, this might prove to be hard to work around.

Are you doing this for a FreeBSD-like LLVM flavor of Alpine Linux?
I would love to use a beast like that as the next logical step for
a distro that's based on musl libc.