[llvm-dev] RFC: Reconsidering adding gmock to LLVM's unittest utilities

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 5 15:19:16 PST 2017

- Providing some universal helpers for various situations that you want to EXPECT() on sounds great.
- I can see how the "Mocks" stuff can help in the pass manager case. There is some cost learning yet another library just to test a feature, so we should keep pushing for simple/well known solutions (mostly thinking of "helper-command | FileCheck") by default and at least require people to write long justifications like this when they want to use gmock :)

- Matthias