[llvm-dev] LLVM WebAssembly target

Derek Schuff via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 3 12:52:09 PST 2017

Just to add to this, the way you ask for it is by adding
-DLLVM_EXPERIMENTAL_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=WebAssembly to your CMake invocation.
Also the primary reason that we have not yet proposed coming out of
experimental yet is that the WebAssembly spec itself is not yet finalized
(although it's getting close: http://webassembly.org/roadmap/). So we
didn't want to be in a situation where e.g. stable LLVM or Linux
distributions were shipping a wasm backend that didn't match any stable
format shipped in a wasm engine implementation. So if you want to
experiment with wasm you should really use tip-of-tree. The other caveat is
that we don't have any stable ABIs or conventions yet so all of that is
subject to change.

Having said all that, we would love to have you experiment, so do let us
know if we can help you out.